Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> I think the best choice is to only accept qualified parameter names in
> SQL functions (function_name.parameter_name).  If a referenced table
> share the function's name, ERROR out and HINT to alias the table name.
>
> If we allow more than that, we're opening the door to ambiguity, bug
> reports, and more than that costly migrations.  I don't see any benefit
> in having to audit all SQL functions for ambiguity on a flag day, when
> this could be avoided easily.

That syntax is sufficiently unwieldly that few people will want to use
it in real life, but certainly the backward compatibility problem is
much less than with what Tom proposed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company