Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: pg_execute_from_file, patch v10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 06:08, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> The other infrastructure patch that has been mark ready for commit then
> commented further upon by Tom is $subject, even if the function provided
> as been renamed to pg_execute_sql_file().
>
> Please find attached the newer version that fixes Tom concerns, removing
> the VARIADIC forms of the functions (those placeholders idea).

I think the version is almost OK, but I have a couple of comments:
- Why do you need directory_fctx in genfile.h ?
- It might be reasonable to have 3 and 1 arguments version of pg_read_file. i.e, (path, offset, size) and (path). Two
argsversion (path, offset) doesn't seem to be so useful. In addition, CREATE EXTENSION will always call it with
offset=0,no?

- We don't need some of added #include "utils/array.h" anymore.

--
Itagaki Takahiro