Re: value

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: value
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2010/9/16 Gissur Þórhallsson <gissur@loftmyndir.is>:
>> which is probably not what you might expect.
>
> No, indeed it is not.
> My solution - which seems to be working - is replacing:
> new.my_table_id
> with:
> currval(pg_get_serial_sequence('my_table', 'my_table_id'))
> in the on_insert rule

OK, but you still need to be careful. That trick will only work if you
insert rows one at a time into the table. If you have a single insert
that inserts multiple rows (as in my example), it would fail because
the currval() call would return the same value for each row in the
insert created by the rule.

My advice would be to convert to triggers.

Regards,
Dean