Re: querying the version of libpq

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: querying the version of libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 14:17, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>> Not sure what you mean. pg_config *drives* the compilation and linking,
>> we don't blindly compile and simply take pg_config's word for it.
>> pg_config --libdir and pg_config --includedir.
>
>> But that's build-time, not run-time.
>
> Correct, not sure of your point. Is this a problem? Build-time is
> what we want here (determining the libpq we were built with)

The original question was how to find this out from python, which
means at runtime.

And the pg_lib_version of DBD::Pg clearly doesn't tell you what
version of libpq it's using, only what it was built against.

As long as you have libpq 9.0, you can decode the bytea hex thingy,
irregardless of what version of libpq your <whatever other
code/library> was linked against.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/