Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my proposal is we don't have to keep the original input text.
> We store JSON data in effective internal formats. If users want to get
> human-readable output, they can use stringify() with indentation option.

There's a trade-off here: this will make some things faster, but other
things slower.  Probably some discussion of the pros and cons is in
order.

(Also, it's important not to break EXPLAIN (FORMAT JSON), which thinks
that the internal format of JSON is text.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Сообщение: Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)