Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:16, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> To have a chance of getting a significant portion
> of this into PostgreSQL 9.1, it really needs to be broken up into
> INDEPENDENTLY COMMITTABLE SUB-PATCHES.

Did we discuss about syntax-only patch is not acceptable because
it makes the head broken state at the previous commit-fest?
I think that's why the patch becomes so large.

So, our guideline to submit a large patch would be: * Split patch into commitable sub-patches (2000 lines each), * But
submita series of patches at once.

Am I understanding correctly?

--
Itagaki Takahiro