Re: knngist - 0.8

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: knngist - 0.8
Дата
Re: knngist - 0.8  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> We'll sync contrib/btree_gist with current API. Also, we're thinking
> about distance for ltree, boxes, circles. I'm not sure about polygons,
> though.
> So, we'll have rather complete set of knn-fied data types.

I kind of assumed the natural client for KNN-gist was the tsearch full
text search indexes handling sorting by relevance. For example if I
search for "Postgres DBA" I should find documents where those words
appear adjacent first and documents where the two words appear far
apart in the document sorted further down. Is that not on the list of
operators supported or planned to be supported?

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child
Сообщение: Re: FK's to refer to rows in inheritance child