Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

2010/11/8 Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com>:
> Hey Pavel, Tom, Merlin,
>
> As a user, I would like to work with records by using simple API:
>

>   -- Returns a number of key/values pairs of record.
>   nKeys_ integer := nRecordKeys(NEW);
>
>   -- Returns an i-th key.
>   key_i text := recordKey(NEW, i);
>
>   -- Returns an i-th value.
>   value1_ text := recordValueByIndex(NEW, i);
>
>   -- Returns an value by named key.
>   value2_ text := recordValueByName(NEW, "id");

some from your lines isn't problem now. You can convert all fields in
record to text and work with it. These functions is very simple. But
it isn't effective, because you convert fields to text and you can
lost a some information or you can get some different

like

intvar := 10.0 / 2.0; doesn't work in plpgsql, because there are casting via IO

Pavel