Re: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes

От Peter Hunsberger
Тема Re: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I have an odd csv input format to deal with. I'm about to put some
> Python together to reprocess it, but I thought I'd check in and see if
> I'm missing something obvious in \copy's capabilities.
>
> The input is fairly conventional comma-delimeted text with quoted
> fields, as output by Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5's isql 'OUTPUT TO' filter.
> Yes, that's ancient. It is handled quite happily by \copy in csv mode,
> except that when csv mode is active, \xnn escapes do not seem to be
> processed. So I can have *either* \xnn escape processing *or* csv-style
> input processing.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get escape processing in csv mode?

Don't know if you can do it directly, but this seem like one of those
cases where a ETL tool like that from Pentaho (Kettle / Spoon) might
be in order?  One step to handle the escape chars and one to load the
actual CSV...

--
Peter Hunsberger

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes
От: Harshad Pethe
Сообщение: Harshad Pethe wants to stay in touch on LinkedIn