Re: Indent authentication overloading

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Indent authentication overloading
Дата
Re: Indent authentication overloading  (Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xs4all.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 17:10, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 2010-11-17 22:43, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> at the advantage of not confusing new users. We could of course also
>> just drop ident-over-tcp completely, but there might be some poor guy
>> out there who actually *uses* it :-)
>
> As far as I know, companies do use it in their internal networks where they
> do have a reasonable shot at full control over ident connections. I don't
> know how easy it would be for them to switch to other methods.

Yea, I think deleting it is going a bit overboard.

If it was a matter of changing it for those who use ident over tcp, I
really wouldn't hesitate - they're few :-) But the problem is that
it's the ident-over-tcp that's correctly named, not the other one...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/