Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 26 October 2010 22:01, Hfe80 <federico.mo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some one know how to solve the problem of db that became huge from 700 Mbyte
> to 16 Gbyte in 10 days and grow...
> Vacuum doesn't solve the problem.
> Only vacuum full is too invasive, the only way to reduce the DB  is dump and
> restore, but we cannot stop service...
>
> I know that a in a similar db where there is a lot of update the problem was
> solved but I don't know how...
> Some one Know this problem?

This article describes why you should almost never use vacuum full:

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/getting-rid-of-vacuum-full-feedback-needed-33959

You need to vacuum more aggressively.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update
Сообщение: Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update