Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Ok, here's an updated patch that does both these and includes
> documentation and regression test changes. With that, I think we're
> good to go.

I've applied this version (with some minor typo-fixes).

Do you think we could have worded these a bit better

<entry>Prepare for performing on-line backup (restricted to superusers or replication roles)</entry>

to say 'restricted to superusers _and_ replication roles'.

Saying 'restricted to superusers _or_ replication roles' may mean that at any time we allow one or the other, but not both (reader might assume that decision is based on some other GUC).

Using 'and' would mean that we allow it for both of those roles.

Any specific reason NOREPLICATION_P and REPLICATION_P use the _P suffix? AIUI, that suffix is used in gram.y to tag a token to mean it belongs to Parser, and to avoid conflict with the same token elsewhere; NULL_P is a good example.

In pg_authid.h, 8 spaces used between 'bool' and 'rolreplication', instead tabs should have been used as the surrounding code.

Regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company