Re: profiling connection overhead

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: profiling connection overhead
Дата
Re: profiling connection overhead  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Not sure that information moves us forward.  If the postmaster cleared
> the memory, we would have COW in the child and probably be even slower.

Well, we can determine the answers to these questions empirically.  I
think some more scrutiny of the code with the points you and Andres
and Tom have raised is probably in order, and probably some more
benchmarking, too.  I haven't had a chance to do that yet, however.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company