Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Дата
Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Re: Problem serving one-click installer to Syria
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> yeah - We really can't discriminate against some of our users in that
> way(and we are not doing that on any of our other sites). If we cannot get
> this fixed in a generic way we really need to look into alternative ways -
> at least for people being affected by that - to get to the one-click
> installer.

Well South Korea would have been obviously just a mistake. But I would
expect it to be an issue for any US company to server IPs in Syria,
North Korea, Cuba, Iran, or Burma/Myanmar. Actually I don't know what
restrictions there would be for a product that isn't being sold but I
wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to be conservative and just not
serve those IPs at all.

For the community it might be tricky to solve since many of the
servers are hosted or sponsored by US organizations. Having some
servers with different rules than others might complicate matters
significantly.

--
greg

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: