Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions
Дата
Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions  ("Erik Rijkers" <er@xs4all.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I applied the attached patch to HEAD. concat(), concat_ws(), left(),
right(), and reverse() are in it, but format() and sprintf() are not.
It's my understanding that we don't have consensus about the best syntax
for the formatting function. We can forget about RAISE. C-like printf
syntax is the next candidate, but we should consider about other ones
restarting with a clean slate.

Anyway, the newly added functions are useful for developers especially
migrated from other database products. Thank you.

--
Itagaki Takahiro

Вложения