Re: default of max_stack_depth

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: default of max_stack_depth
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>> The document says that the max_stack_depth is 2MB by default.
>> OTOH, in the source code, the variable max_stack_depth is
>> initialized with 100 (kB), and guc.c also uses 100 as the
>> default. Why?
>
> The initial value needs to be small until we have been able to probe
> rlimit and figure out what is safe.

Thanks! How about adding the comment about that as follows?

*** a/src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c
--- b/src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c
***************
*** 1520,1525 **** static struct config_int ConfigureNamesInt[] =
--- 1520,1531 ----               16384, 1024, MAX_KILOBYTES, NULL, NULL       },

+       /*
+        * Note: the real default of max_stack_depth is calculated in
+        * InitializeGUCOptions(). We use 100 as the sufficiently small
+        * initial value until we have been able to probe rlimit and
+        * figure out what is safe.
+        */       {               {"max_stack_depth", PGC_SUSET, RESOURCES_MEM,
gettext_noop("Setsthe maximum stack depth, in

kilobytes."),

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao