Re: BUG #5867: wish: plpgsql print table for debug

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5867: wish: plpgsql print table for debug
Дата
Re: BUG #5867: wish: plpgsql print table for debug  (Richard Neill <rjn@richardneill.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Richard Neill <rn214@richardneill.org> wrote:
> Do you not think it would be really amazingly useful? After all, in C, the
> single most useful debugging tool is "fprintf(stderr,...)", and yet
> postgresql doesn't have an equivalent that can operate on the most common
> data format. [I'm stretching the analogy a bit here, but it seems to me that
> a multi-row table is to postgresql as int is to C.]

Sure it does.  You can pass the tuple to RAISE NOTICE easily enough.
It won't have all the same bells and whistles psql would supply, but
it prints out well enough for debugging.  Or at least it's never
bothered me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company