Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 15:54, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2010-12-29 at 11:09 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I've applied this version (with some minor typo-fixes).
>
> This page is now somewhat invalidated:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/role-attributes.html

Hmm. Somehow I missed that page completely when looking through the
docs. I'll go update that.

> First, it doesn't mention the replication privilege, and second it
> continues to claim that superuser status bypasses all permission checks.

Well, that was *already* wrong.

superuser doesn't bypass NOLOGIN.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, but that's independent of the
replication role.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/