pgAgent installation fails - LIBPQ.DLL is missing - PostgreSQL 9.0.2 x64 - 2008 Windows Server x64

От Stane Mikolič
Тема pgAgent installation fails - LIBPQ.DLL is missing - PostgreSQL 9.0.2 x64 - 2008 Windows Server x64
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

I have a problem with installing pgAgent on my Windows server.

1. Installed PostgreSQL 9.0.2 without errors with one click installer
for windows "postgresql-9.0.2-1-windows_x64"

2. pgAdmin III successfully connects to postgres database with
password provided in instalation

3. script pqagent.sql executes without errors

4. script pqagent_update.sql executes with warning: [WARNING  ] ALTER
TABLE pgagent.pga_jobstep ADD COLUMN jstconnstr text NOT NULL DEFAULT
'' CONSTRAINT pga_jobstep_connstr_check CHECK ((jstconnstr != '' AND
jstkind = 's' ) OR (jstconnstr = '' AND (jstkind = 'b' OR jstdbname !=
'')))           ERROR:  column "jstconnstr" of relation "pga_jobstep" already exists

5. jobs node shows in pgAdmin explorer tree

6. But when I try to install pgAgent
      C:\Program Files\pgAgent\pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p
secret hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres user=postgres
password=secret

I get an error message saying:
      The program can't start because LIBPQ.DLL is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried looking for the libpq.dll.- libpq.dll is present in postgresql bin directory- if i copy .dll file to pgAgent
directoryi get a different error...

something with 0000x001- same error if I copy pgAgent to bin directory

I tried x32 instalation of postgresql 9.0.2 with all DB drivers from
Stack builder - I get the same

My instalation on os x 1.6.x works fine - i got it up and running in no time.

Am I missing something? What do you make of it? Any suggestions /
solutions are welcome.

Best regards. S

-- System --

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5420 @ 2.50GHz
Instaled Memory: 1GB
System type: 64 bit Operating System

-- Windows Edition --

Windows Server R 2 Enterprise

System updates: all updates installed

-- Database --

Installed (in this order)

- postgresql-9.0.2-1-windows_x64
in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0

DB drivers installed from Stack Builder:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\pgJDBC
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\Npgsql
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\psqlODBC

pgagent.sql script - (tried instaling pgAgent - missing .dll error)

pgagent_upgrade.sql script - (tried instaling pgAgent - same missing .dll error)

when running pgagent_upgrade.sql script I get the following warning: