Re: Fix for Index Advisor related hooks

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Fix for Index Advisor related hooks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> writes:
> Also attached is the patch expose_IndexSupportInitialize.patch, that makes
> the static function IndexSupportInitialize() global so that the Index
> Advisor doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to prepare an index structure
> with opfamilies and opclasses.

We are *not* doing that.  That's a private function and will remain so.

I understand that we need to hide guts of an implementation. But without this the Index Advisor will have to emulate what LookupOpclassInfo() does and that's a lot of code that I am afraid, if emulated by another function in Index Advisor, is more prone to obsolecence than calling IndexSupportInitialize().

Regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company