Re: [PERFORM] pgbench to the MAXINT

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [PERFORM] pgbench to the MAXINT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Greg,
>
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> > Poking around a bit more, I just discovered another possible approach is
>> > to use erand48 instead of rand in pgbench, which is either provided by
>> > the OS or emulated in src/port/erand48.c  That's way more resolution
>> > than needed here, given that 2^48 pgbench accounts would be a scale of
>> > 2.8M, which makes for a database of about 42 petabytes.
>>
>> I think that might be a good idea --- it'd reduce the cross-platform
>> variability of the results quite a bit, I suspect.  random() is not
>> to be trusted everywhere, but I think erand48 is pretty much the same
>> wherever it exists at all (and src/port/ provides it elsewhere).
>
> Works for me.  Greg, will you be able to work on this change?  If not, I
> might be able to.

Seeing as how this patch has not been updated, I think it's time to
mark this one Returned with Feedback.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Usability tweaks for extension commands
От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: 9.1 (git head) does not compile using --with-libedit-preferred on Ubuntu 10.10