Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime

От Piotr Gasidło
Тема Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
Дата
Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have strange problem.

I test/optimize my queries with EXPLAIN ANALYZE. I get for example:

Total runtime: 40.794 ms

But when I run query without EXPLAIN ANALYZE i get, for example:

Time: 539.252 ms

Query returns 33 rows. Why?

I do checks with psql connected using socket to postgresql server. No SSL.

Using PostgreSQL 8.4.4.

--
Piotr Gasidło