DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?

От Eric Ongerth
Тема DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello, this is my first post about pgAdmin III.  I searched the archives here but the keywords DROP, CONSTRAINT,
CASCADEare all so common that I was unable to determine whether this is a known bug.  Also it does not appear on the
1.12.0</ul>Theissue: there's no crash.  But right-clicking any constraint and choosing Drop Cascaded appears to be
incorrectlyimplemented.  I get an error window that reports that there are dependencies and suggesting that I need to
useDROP...CASCADE instead.  The report reads exactly as if I had used Drop.  But I used Drop Cascaded!<br /><br />I can
openthe SQL window and write my own command:<br />ALTER TABLE tablename DROP CONSTRAINT constraint_name CASCADE;<br
/><br/>This of course works perfectly.  So maybe there is just a simple error somewhere in pgAdmin III's implementation