Re: How to improve performance in reporting database?

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: How to improve performance in reporting database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> You can build those manually with PostgreSQL if you really want them:
>  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Materialized_Views

Another thing to consider... In our case we use a materialized view to
keep track of counts of various things that are expensive to count,
such as number of members of a specific account, or number of times a
particular URL was viewed.  What we end up with is many processes
trying to update the same counter row, and we end up with lots and
lots of lock contention.

Which reminds me... Greg, are you done with your book yet and when can
I get you back in here to help with my locking problems? ;-)