Re: wCTE: why not finish sub-updates at the end, not the beginning?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: wCTE: why not finish sub-updates at the end, not the beginning?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Right at the moment we dodge that issue by disallowing wCTEs in cursors.
> If we did allow them, then I would say that the wCTEs have to be run to
> completion when the cursor is closed.

Does that really dodge anything? Isn't it just the same as running a
query from a client and closing the result without reading to the end?

ExecutorEnd would be called but ExecutorRun would never be called to
the end of the scan.

--
greg