Re: pg_last_error() doesn't return connection errors

От Grzegorz Ornoch
Тема Re: pg_last_error() doesn't return connection errors
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi
Try this function

    /**
     * @name    pg_error
     *
     * @param   pg resource result
     * @param   pg resource connection
     *
     * @return  string  content of the error pg
     *
     */
    function pg_error($result, $connection)
    {
        return ($result === false ? pg_last_error($connection) : pg_result_error($result));
    }
--
Regards
  Grzegorz Ornoch

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Frank Naude <naudefj@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for the reply!

> Alternatively, does pg_errormessage() have the same flaw...?

Unfortunately pg_errormessage() doesn't work either. It returns:

Warning: pg_errormessage() [function.pg-errormessage]: No PostgreSQL
link opened yet in...

> That behaviour doesn't seem particularly unnatural to me,...

It is inconsistent with how the other DB modules behave. I can provide
you with some examples if it would help.

Best regards.

Frank