Create index on subfield returned by function that returns base type with sub fields

От Desmond Coertzen
Тема Create index on subfield returned by function that returns base type with sub fields
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

Is is possible to create an index on a field on a function that returns a data type that contains subfields?

It is possible to do this:
create index indx_test
on address
(sp_address_text_to_template(address_text))
where (sp_address_text_to_template(address_text)).city_name = 'some_city_on_some_planet';

,but, I would like to create the index without the partial clause to index results only from sp_address_text_to_template(address_text)).city_name.

Is this possible? How would I write the statement?

Thanks,

Desmond.