Re: GPS positions

От Mike Ellsworth
Тема Re: GPS positions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
If you don't want to work with postgis, I think you could just use a bit of sqrt
using double precision - for a circle anyway.

I did something similar for a simple target archery scoring example I
set up awhile ago.
http://www.younicycle.com/web/younicycle_com/xml-hr/ex_12_a.html

Many of the other links off this page require login/privileges - but I
believe this specific page works.
round(GREATEST(10.5 - sqrt((("xyarchery"."xx" - 200) ^ 2) +
(("xyarchery"."yy" - 200) ^ 2)) / 20, 0))
where pixels are being recorded & scored.

It's been awhile since I made this, but from recall xx - yy are not
much the same as long and lat, but recorded to account for a browser
click.

Anyway -- think about it for a minute - and the lightbulb will turn
on.  Believe me - I'm no math wiz.

--
Mike Ellsworth