Re: Quick Extensions Question

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Quick Extensions Question
Дата
Re: Quick Extensions Question  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think that it's not a good idea to devote too much energy to this
>> problem right now, anyway.  [ we need to get to beta ASAP, instead ]
>
> I hear you, but once we get to beta, or even the last alpha, it's going
> to be very hard to make changes that would interfere with people doing
> upgrades or dump/restores.  If we don't do something about the language-
> as-extension situation right now, the window will be closed until 9.2.

So what?  AFAIK the extension patch hasn't broken anything here that
used to work.  People can still install languages the way they always
have.  What we're talking about here is a way of installing languages
that is arguably nicer than what they are doing now.  The window for
feature enhancements is already closed until 9.2, unless you want to
Feedback during this last CommitFest.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Quick Extensions Question
Сообщение: Re: Quick Extensions Question