Re: Queries about PostgreSQL PITR

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Queries about PostgreSQL PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Jayadevan M
<Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com> wrote:
> So recovery happened to a point after I dropped the first table and before
> I dropped
> the second table. Why ?

Because you didn't disable recovery_target_inclusive, I guess.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/continuous-archiving.html#RECOVERY-TARGET-INCLUSIVE

> Is there a way in which I can now go back a bit further, and ensure I am
> back to the
> time line before I dropped either of the tables? From documentation, I
> think the answer is 'No'.
> Of course, I could try the entire recovery process once more, and provide
> a couple of minutes
> earlier time as recovery_target_time.

How about setting recovery_target_timeline to the old timeline ID (= 1)?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/continuous-archiving.html#RECOVERY-TARGET-TIMELINE

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: simple functions, huge overhead, no cache
Сообщение: Re: simple functions, huge overhead, no cache