Re: Postgresql-8.4.6, 64bit, Solaris 10u9, dtrace

От dennis jenkins
Тема Re: Postgresql-8.4.6, 64bit, Solaris 10u9, dtrace
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM, dennis jenkins
<dennis.jenkins.75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>    My goal is to install a 64-bit build of the latest Postgresql 8.4
> (not ready for 9.0 yet) onto a Solaris 10u9 server (Intel chips,
> X4270), with dtrace support.

> ".../no-dtrace-postgresql", untarred the build with dtrace.  I then
> fired up postgresql using my SMF script and it worked GREAT!!!!!
>
>   Awesome I thought... Until I tried to use the same dtrace script
> provided in section 26.4.3 "Using Probes" on the postgresql.org web
> site (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/dynamic-trace.html).

    It occurred to me that since I was building and executing
postgresql in a local zone that I might not be able to use dtrace from
the local zone.  So I tried from the global zone.  I made a small bit
of progress.  I can list the dtrace providers, but unfortunately,
postgresql is not listed among them.

(root@server: <~>) # dtrace -l | wc -l
   51584

(root@server: <~>) # dtrace -l | grep postgresql | wc -l
       0

(root@server: <~>) # pgrep postgres
4754
4757
4760
4759
4758

(root@server: <~>) # ./exp-1.d 4754
dtrace: failed to compile script ./exp-1.d: line 3: probe description
postgresql4754:::transaction-start does not match any probes

(root@server: <~>) # ./exp-1.d 4757
dtrace: failed to compile script ./exp-1.d: line 3: probe description
postgresql4757:::transaction-start does not match any probes