Re: Addition to TOAST documentation in 8.4 comprehensive manual

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Addition to TOAST documentation in 8.4 comprehensive manual
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin
<atsaloli.tech@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to add the following to my proposed documentation tidbit, please:
>
>   The more offical/strict way, that does not rely on the
> implementation artifact that TOAST numeric ID is embedded in the TOAST
> symbolic name, is:
>
> select oid::regclass from pg_class where
> reltoastrelid='pg_toast_12513885'::regclass;

I think this might be a good thing to mention somewhere, but can you
make a more specific proposal about where you think it should be put,
maybe in the form of a patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company