Re: pg_dump directory archive format / parallel pg_dump

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: pg_dump directory archive format / parallel pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 13:34, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> So how close are we to having a committable version of this?  Should
> we push this out to 9.2?

I think so. The feature is pretty attractive, but more works are required:* Re-base on synchronized snapshots patch*
Considerto use pipe also on Windows.* Research libpq + fork() issue. We have a warning in docs:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/libpq-connect.html
| On Unix, forking a process with open libpq connections can lead to
unpredictable results

--
Itagaki Takahiro