libpq changes for synchronous replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема libpq changes for synchronous replication
Дата
Re: libpq changes for synchronous replication  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> That said, there's a few small things that can be progressed regardless of
> the details of synchronous replication. There's the changes to trigger
> failover with a signal, and it seems that we'll need some libpq changes to
> allow acknowledgments to be sent back to the master regardless of the rest
> of the design. We can discuss those in separate threads in parallel.

Agreed. The attached patch introduces new function which is used
to send ACK back from walreceiver. The function sends a message
to XLOG stream by calling PQputCopyData. Also I allowed PQputCopyData
to be called even during COPY OUT.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication