Re: frmStatus: Assertion on linux and Segment Fault on Solaris

От Dave Page
Тема Re: frmStatus: Assertion on linux and Segment Fault on Solaris
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Thanks - patch applied for trunk, 1.12 and 1.10 (which EDB are still using).

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

I found that - while fetching and displaying the log, we are assuming that - all the columns will present at that point of time. (i.e. TimeStamp, Log Level, Log Entry).
But, it may present or not.
i.e. If we do not have log_prefix_line does not contain '%t', than TimeStamp column will not be present.
The following code suggests the same:
void frmStatus::AddLogPane()
{
    else    // Non-GPDB or non-CSV format log
    {
        if (logHasTimestamp)
            logList->AddColumn(_("Timestamp"), 100);

        if (logFormatKnown)
            logList->AddColumn(_("Level"), 35);

        logList->AddColumn(_("Log entry"), 800);
    }
}
So, we need to put the parsed logs in particular column based on these boolean values.
And, this was causing assert on linux and core dump on Solaris 10 sparc machine.

Please find patches for the REL-1_10_PATCHES and REL-1_12_PATCHES.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company