Re: querying the version of libpq

От Massa, Harald Armin
Тема Re: querying the version of libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And the dynamic linker will take any version of libpq.so that has the same major number, meaning that you
 cannot assume that it's not 8.4 just because you built against 9.0.

[...]
Not to mention when you're on windows (and I dunno if any other
platforms are like *that*), where they're all  libpq.dll and we'll
happily take *any* other libpq.dll (even an older one, but that will give you an error if you're actually using any functions not present in it).

So there are quite many arguments for  adding a

 PQlibpqVersion()

to libpq, yeah? Do you think you will do it, Magnus?

[updates: the other "got bitten by the BYTEA-encoding-change"-thread is connected to this....]

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM GmbH