Re: Git conversion status

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> As far as I can see, I need to go to the master clone, run a checkout
> and pull on each branch, and *then* a pull on the local clone updates to
> the latest head on that branch.  It is not enough to pull when the
> master branch is checked out.

What I think has happened is that you have a master clone, and you've
cloned *that* to your "working" repositories, right?

And you "pull" in your master repository, and that updates the
*remote* tracking branches.  But it doesn't automatically "merge" (or
what you want, replace) the *local* branches of the master repository.Until you do so.

I think what you want in this case (where you have a local "master"
repositroy, and clone your work of them) is to make your master
repository just be a bare mirror repo, not a
full-fledged-with-working-directory repository.  If it's just a mirror
of the remote, it doesn't have the distinction between "remote"
branches and "local" branches, and your local working clones of it
will see exactly what it's fetched from the remote.