Curious case of the unstoppable user

От Thom Brown
Тема Curious case of the unstoppable user
Дата
Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>)
Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user  (Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I've just set up a test user, revoked all access from them to a
database, then tried to connect to that database and it let me in.
When I try it all from scratch, it works correctly.

Here's the set running correctly:

postgres=# CREATE DATABASE testdb;
CREATE DATABASE
postgres=# CREATE ROLE testrole;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE testdb FROM testrole CASCADE;
REVOKE
postgres=# \c testdb testrole
FATAL:  role "testrole" is not permitted to log in
Previous connection kept

But now if I try something similar with an existing user and existing
database, it doesn't work:

postgres=# REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE stuff FROM meow CASCADE;
REVOKE
postgres=# \c stuff meow
You are now connected to database "stuff" as user "meow".

So, I'm overlooking something.  Could someone tell me what it is?  I
bet it's something obvious.  I'm using 9.1dev if it's relevant.

Thanks

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion