Re: git: uh-oh

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 14:11, Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com> wrote:
> On 20/08/10 12:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 13:50, Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com> wrote:
>>> I have run cvs2git on the pgsql module of your CVS locally (is that the
>>> right thing to convert?) if you'd like to compare notes on specific
>>> parts of the conversion.
>>
>> Correct, that's the one. Can you put your repo up somewhere so we can
>> look at it? Then I don't have to wait for my process to finish :D
>
> Placed at http://red-bean.com/~maxb/pgsql-test.git - about 230MB -
> sorry, dumb transport only, but hopefully that's not an issue for this
> use case.

It does. I've pushed up a mirror to
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=git-migration-test.git;a=summary -
that one is a lot faster to work with for me at least.

I'm also going to run my branch-verification script on it to see that
it deosn't mess any of that up - that one takes a few hours to run
(mainly the fault of the cvs we compare to :D) - I'll get back to you
when it's done.

For other who test this - it's obviously missing the author name
mapping, but that's a minor thing.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/