Re: Really really slow select count(*)

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Really really slow select count(*)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM, felix <crucialfelix@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
> this is exactly what I was looking for at the time:  a -t (configtest)
> option to pg_ctl
> and I think it should fall back to lower shared buffers and log it.
> SHOW ALL; would show the used value

however, much like apache, this might not have gotten caught.  In
order to catch it we'd have to see how much shared mem was available,
and I think you have to actually allocate it to find out if you can.
Since pg is already running, allocating shared_buffers / fsm twice
might fail when allocating it once would succeed.

Сообщение: Re: Really really slow select count(*)
Сообщение: Re: Really really slow select count(*)