Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> The postmaster must absolutely not take locks (once there are competing
>>> processes).  This is non negotiable from a system robustness standpoint.
>>
>> Masao has not proposed this, in fact his proposal was to deliberately
>> avoid do so.
>>
>> I proposed using the state recorded in xlog.c rather than attempting to
>> duplicate that with a second boolean in postmaster because that seems
>> likely to be more buggy.
>
> Well then how are we reading XLogCtl?

In my patch, XLogCtl is directly read in xlog.c without any lock since
there should be no other processes running when CancelBackup() is called.

*** a/src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c
--- b/src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c
***************
*** 8975,8980 **** CancelBackup(void)
--- 8975,8987 ---- {       struct stat stat_buf;

+       /*
+        * During recovery, we don't rename the "backup_label" file since
+        * it might be required for subsequent recovery.
+       if (XLogCtl->SharedRecoveryInProgress)
+               return;
+       /* if the file is not there, return */       if (stat(BACKUP_LABEL_FILE, &stat_buf) < 0)               return;

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center