Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, please, I know, so you and Tom are busy, but try to spend a few
> time about this problem before you are definitely reject this idea.

If I were to spend more time on this problem, what exactly would I
spend that time doing and how would it help?  If I were interested in
spending time I'd probably spend it pursuing the suggestions Tom
already made, and that's what I think you should do.  But I'm not
going to do that, because the purpose of the CommitFest is not for me
to write new patches from scratch that do something vaguely similar to
what a patch you wrote was trying to do.  It's for all of us to review
and commit the patches that have already been written.  You aren't
helping with that process, so your complaint that we aren't spending
enough time on your patches would be unfair even if were true, and it
isn't. The problem with your patch is that it has a design weakness,
not that it got short shift.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company