Re: shared_buffer advice

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: shared_buffer advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:36 AM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a server with Dual-Core 4 cpu and 32 GB RAM.
> This is the database server. Only Postgresql 8.1 is running on it with
> multiple databases.
>
> How should I plan for shared_buffers and effective cache size?
> Any idea please.

Note that effective cache size is way simpler.  Add up the size of the
kernel cache and shared_buffers, set it to that if db is the only
thing on the machine.  If it shares it then maybe cut it down a bit.
It's not a real sensitive setting to a few gigabytes here or there,
and allocates nothing, just helps the planner decide teh % chance
something is in cache or not.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied
Сообщение: Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied