Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:49, Shigeru HANADA <hanada@metrosystems.co.jp> wrote:
> I've just moved permission check and read-only check from BeginCopy()
> to DoCopy().  Please see attached patch.

Thanks!

Are there any objections for the change? If acceptable,
I'd like to apply it prior to SQL/MED and file_fdw patches.

We could have some better name for Begin/Next/EndCopyFrom() and
the exported CopyState. As Shigeru mentioned, COPY FROM consists of
"a file reader" and "a heap inserter", but file_fdw only uses the
file reader. In addition, we could split CopyState into two versions
for COPY FROM and COPY TO later. So, it might be better to export
them as "FileReader API" or some similar names rather than CopyFrom.

--
Itagaki Takahiro