Linux x Windows LOCALE/ENCODING compatibility

От Carlos Henrique Reimer
Тема Linux x Windows LOCALE/ENCODING compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I currently have my PostgreSQL server running in a windows box and now we're migrating it to a Linux operational system.

Current windows configuration:
pg_controldata shows the LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE are Portuguese_Brasil.1252
psql \l command shows we have databases with encoding WIN1252 and UTF8

New Linux box:
Which --locale and --encoding options should I use for the INITDB command to have a compatible locale and encoding cluster?
Which --encoding option should I use in the CREATEDB command to have a compatible encoding database?

Thank you!
Reimer