Re: patch: preload dictionary new version

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: patch: preload dictionary new version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/7/14 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> this patch is significantly reduced original patch. It doesn't propose
> a simple allocator - just eliminate a high memory usage for ispell
> dictionary.

I don't think introducing new methods is a good idea. If you want a
simple allocator, MemoryContextMethods layer seems better for me.

The original purpose of the patch -- preloading dictionaries --
is also need to be redesigned with precompiler approach.
I'll move the proposal to "Returned with Feedback" status.

--
Itagaki Takahiro