Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're moving the bar.  It DOES say that the CommitFest will end on
> February 15th.  Now, if we want to have a discussion about changing
> that, let's have that discussion (perhaps on a thread where the
> subject has something to do with the topic), but we DID talk about
> this, it WAS agreed, and it's been sitting there on the wiki for
> something like 8 months.  Obviously, there will continue to be
> polishing after the CommitFest is over, but that's not the same thing
> as saying we're going to lengthen the CommitFest itself.

I'm not moving the bar - I'm talking practically. Regardless of when
we consider the commitfest itself over, development and commit work of
new features has always continued until beta 1, and that has not
changed as far as I'm aware.

> I think, though, that we need to be explicit about what we're doing,
> and why we're doing it.  I have been working hard on this CommitFest
> for a long time (since approximately a month before it started) at the
> cost of development projects I would have liked to have worked on,
> because I knew we were going to be overwhelmed with patches.  I have
> helped as many people as I can with as many patches as I have been
> able to.  I think that finishing on time (or at least as close to on
> time as we can manage) is important to our success as a development
> community, just as having good features is.  We don't have to agree on
> what the best thing to do is, but I would certainly appreciate it if
> everyone could at least credit me with acting in good faith.

Oh, I have absolutely no doubt you're working in good faith, and
personally I thank you for the hard work you've put in. I just
disagree with your interpretation of the timetable.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company