Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: patch (for 9.1) string functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

so this is actualised patch:

* concat_sql removed
* left, right, reverse and concat are in core
* printf and concat_ws are in contrib
* format show "<NULL>" as NULL string
* removed an using of wide chars

todo:

NULL handling for printf function

Query:
what is corect result for

* printf(">>%3.2d<<", NULL) ??
* printf(">>%3.2s", NULL) ??

Regards

Pavel Stehule

2010/7/12 Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com>:
> 2010/7/12 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>> I'm all in favor of putting such things in core as are supported by
>> multiple competing products, but is that really true for all of these?
>
> - concat() : MySQL, Oracle, DB2
> - concat_ws() : MySQL,
> - left(), right() : MySQL, SQL Server, DB2
> - reverse() : MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle (as utl_raw.reverse)
>
> concat_sql(), format(), and sprintf() will be our unique features.
>
> --
> Itagaki Takahiro

Вложения

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission