Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS.

От amruta buch
Тема Problem regarding Postgresql installation and ODBC driver installation in 64 bit Windows Vista OS.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am unable to install Postgresql  "*Installer version Version 9.0.3-1
winx86-64"  on my HP 64 bit laptop dv6000 series having Windows Vista OS.*
*
*
*As soon as I try to run executable file for installing postgresql , the
program aborts from inbetween and installation is cancelled. *
*
*
***Moreover when I try to install "**Installer version Version 8.4.7-1* " on
the same laptop. it is successfully installed. But here inspite of showing
successful message of ODBC driver installation, when I try to generate a new
SYSTEM DSN for ODBC connection, it never shows me an option of postgresql
ODBC driver.
*
*
*I would be very grateful if you could help me in solving these issues as I
am in very crucial state of my research project  and I need postgresql for
 database access. *