[ADMIN] syntax error for no apparent reason

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема [ADMIN] syntax error for no apparent reason
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I've encountered this before, psql gives me a syntax error for no clear reason. It's allways on the first character of a sql file.
I think that there must be some strange character code at the first position, maybe it is because i share a ntfs partition with the windows installation on my laptop and move files around.
I only editted this file with gedit, pgAdmin and vim on ubuntu lucid desktop.

Here's the error:

postgres=# \i db02-vulling.sql
psql:db02-vulling.sql:1: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "begin"
LINE 1: begin;
        ^
INSERT 0 10100
INSERT 0 101
INSERT 0 100
psql:db02-vulling.sql:12: WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
postgres=#

The file is in the attachment, both gzipped and as-is.
I hope someone can reproduce this.
(the code itself makes no sense but that's not relevant here)

WBL
--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Вложения